How to delight the Modern Learner with Learning Experience Design
Learning and development are more than traditional training or e-Learning principles. It is pretty clear that with all the dramatic changes happening, the work of the Instructional Designer is also changing. Subsequently, Learning and Development (L&D) experts are currently entrusted with new difficulties outside their usual range of familiarity. It is mainly because the changing dynamics bring about a lot of challenges that are not easy to overcome. Let us see how the needs of a modern learner shape the Learning Experience Design (LXD).
So how do you delight the Modern Learner with Learning Experience Design?
Understanding Learning Experience Design
Like the User Experience Design (UX) and User Interface Design (UI) designers deal primarily with the client experience when building apps, programs and platforms. Learning experience designers influence the learning climate keeping learners’ needs in view. They both strive to make it convincing that draws in the crowd, recounts a story, and bestows an enduring message. Learning experience designers do it by coordinating with trainers, client experience designers, UI planners, visual/tangible designers, and communication creators. All these specialists have the same goal in their minds. They intend to deliver the best quality learning experience that satisfies the needs and brings the learners closer to their goals.
Is UI/UX Design Changing The Needs Of Modern Learner?
UI UX plan is discovering its direction increasingly more into advanced learning and valid reasons. UI configuration expects what a user may have to do and guarantees that the interface has components that are not difficult to understand. It also helps comprehend the use of features for users. It incorporates input controls, like fastens and drop-down fields, navigational parts, informative segments, for example, device tips or progress bars. UX gives significant yet applicable opportunities. It is a cycle that doesn’t simply incorporate the plan, yet the whole experience clients have with an item, from buying it to investigating it. Thus, it is playing a vital part in reshaping the learner’s expectations.
Incorporating UX/UI With Learning Experience Design
How do you join UX and the instructional design approaches to form a learning experience plan? Basically, in learning experience design, the designers center around the learner’s journey. LXD guarantees that the learning experience will be pleasant, engaging, essential, and valuable. If compared with the customary instructional plan, learning experience design is more learner-focused and focuses on comprehensive learning. For instance, learning experience design uses the idea of participant personas rather than simply playing out on a bunch of requirements.
What’s more, learning experience design considers content curation, arranged learning, information, and examination, and is technologically empowered. Learning experience design doesn’t imply that instructional designers need to revamp what they are doing. It only says that they need to add some different instruments into their tool stash.
Using A Holistic And Participant-Centered Approach
When making learning materials inside the learning experience plan system, designers ought to follow the design-thinking model. This model includes the following ingredients as its basics:
- Discover: Understand the participants and survey their requirements.
- Define: Obtain valuable bits of knowledge and characterize the program.
- Curate: Select vital subjects out of the data collected.
- Develop: Develop and refine the learning experience solution through testing and input.
- Learn: Deliver the course and accumulate instructional and informative feedbacks from participants.
- Evolve: Reiterate the course as needed and make timely updates.
How to delight the Modern Learner with Learning Experience Design – Part 2
Essential Skill – Improve Your Learning Experience Design Skills
One approach to begin on your learning experience configuration journey is by sharing your encounters on Twitter or LinkedIn, i.e., working out loud. You can go along with one of various Twitter talks to associate with similar individuals.
To improve and modernize your LXD skills, you must think outside the L&D box and think about every single digital insight. Today, participants are very knowledgeable when it comes to web surfing, digital applications, and discovering data all alone. Investigate the user interface of your most-loved applications, and make a rundown of what you like most about them and why. It will help you plan your next learner experience.
- It will be helpful if you host formal meetings to generate new ideas for your learners. For this, you must welcome different developers, designers, writers, and creative professionals. Once you have the raw skills, you can toss around thoughts, be innovative, and, above all, have a good time.
- You can seek feedback from your learners to assess their needs. To do this, you must coordinate with your participants from the beginning and show early training materials to them. Performance Consulting is the ideal approach to make a good learner-focused design.
- You can become a storyteller. For this, you can associate with columnists or authors to study narration and how it can help you become a better learning experience designer.
- You might visit UI/UX gatherings and associate with visual developers and designers to study how they address user experience difficulties.
- Many Google tools will help you create symbols, patterns, backgrounds, and foundations that engage the learners. These are the territories where great UI has a significant effect.
So, What Does Great Learning Experience Design Look Like?
As we’ve said previously, a fantastic learning experience design for the modern learner should be focused on the learner. It must be relatable to their experience and urge them to face challenges and work things out for themselves. In addition to that, an excellent learning experience design utilizes important illustrations that help out with the delivery of the message. An efficient learning experience design uses an assortment of diagrams, games, audiovisuals, and likewise tools to convey the message rather than stalling the learners with a ton of text. Gamification is an excellent method to engage the learners through gameplay components like points, badges, scores, stories, and levels.
Learning experience design will not make the instructional design outdated, but it will keep on getting modernized for the modern learner. Thus, we must be prepared for the changing learning landscape and stretch out beyond the bend. The progressive learners hope for something else from an e-Learning module, a workshop, digital learning or any other type of learning intervention. Participants are searching for encounters like what they experience each day on the internet and their smartphones. Thus, learning experience design for the modern learner must align itself with these changing needs of the learners. You can find the best learning experience solutions with ID9 Intelligent Design. Contact us today to get the optimal learning experience design that perfectly aligns with your participants’ needs.